Gulf Harbour Radio
Gulf Harbour Radio started internet streaming in 2016 and as it became very popular we will continue to offer this.
Boats still in NZ (probably waiting for a weather window) will not hear our broadcast on your SSB radio as 8MHz is too close. In radio parlance "you are in the skip". In fact as radio conditions are at the poor end of the sun spot cycle our radio broadcast will not likely be heard until you are north of 30°S.
Those in New Zealand, and those in the Islands with a good internet connection can listen via streaming. The Internet Streaming works via YouTube's "Live Streaming" function, where you are able to listen to the live audio stream, as well as post live comments / questions via the chat box. However please remember we are first and foremost a radio station so there is a lot of competition for our attention.
HOW to USE INTERNET STREAMING:
- Click on "Live Streaming" button above.
- Once in the YouTube "Gulf Harbour Radio" page, you will see a list of previous "Live Stream" videos.
- If GHR is live, you will see a larger thumbnail with "Live Now" - click on the thumbnail to listen to today's stream.
- If there is no thumbnail with "Live Now", refresh the page (ctrl+F5 or command+F5), or wait a couple of minutes before refreshing again.
- The comment box is located in the top right-hand corner of the page. To make comments, you must first sign up and create an account with YouTube. It's a quick, simple process, and it is FREE.
- Once signed up to Youtube, don't forget to click "Subscribe" to GHRadio's channel, to keep updated with the latest streams.